Diamond District Selected for Comprehensive Literacy State Program Grant
In November 2020, the district had applied for a competitive grant called the Comprehensive Literacy State Development Grant. Today, DESE (the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education) released the districts and buildings that were selected. I am excited to announce that all three of our buildings have been selected for this grant and work.
Services offered to us:
- school-level literacy assets/needs assessments
- development of school/district comprehensive literacy plans
- in-classroom coaching on reading foundations instruction
- job-embedded professional development on all aspects of literacy
- summer institutes for LEA literacy leaders
- support in implementing train-the-trainer model professional development
- early childhood literacy professional development and support
Here are the links to DESE that were released today.